Beard is a good company with which to do business
- We seek to build long-term relationships and partnerships with our customers, with a high proportion of repeat business. We act with integrity in all our dealings. We respect our customers, their people and consultants, and we expect their respect in return. We work as a team with them, communicating openly and dealing with issues and problems as soon they arise. We care.
- Beard strives to be fair and commercial. We are in business to make a profit. Our objective is to work for customers wanting a high quality product and a high level of service, rather than those just interested in the lowest price. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and work pro-actively to resolve problems. However, this does not mean that we will agree to unreasonable demands without fair recompense. Our style is not adversarial or excessively contractual.
- Beard is committed to working with our supply chain efficiently, for mutual benefit and to deliver value to our customers. We treat our suppliers as we would expect to be treated by our customers, and we expect our suppliers to treat us as we treat our customers.
Beard is a good company to work for
- We treat our people fairly and with respect. We strive to give them opportunities to develop their careers and reach their full potential. Training our people and developing “the next generation” are fundamental to us. We recognise and reward excellent performance. In return, we expect our people to care deeply about what they do, and respect their colleagues and the teams in which we work.
- Beard cares deeply about safety and the environment. We treat with respect the communities in which we work.
- Beard seeks to deliver successful building projects through smart processes, detailed project planning and effective teamwork. We strive to “get it right first time”. This means having the right resources in place at the right place at the right time. It also means achieving 100% completion of projects and promptly rectifying any defects. Completing projects on time is as important to us as to our customers.
- Our business processes are about planning, programming, prompt and faultless delivery, and then reviewing what we have done. Efficient working involves:
- Attention to detail
- Smooth handover from the planning phase of a project into construction
- Early procurement
- Using the correct quantity and quality of resources (staff, sub-contractors, equipment and materials)
- Getting it right on site.
- Teamwork, communication throughout the process, sharing knowledge and ideas, and working together to solve problems are the essentials. However, it also means being “lean”, and not diluting and delegating when we should be taking responsibility and acting, and insisting others do the same.
- We continuously seek to improve our processes and find innovative ways of working.
- Beard strives to be professional in all that it does. Being professional means not only technical competence but also “doing what we say we will do” from procurement through to completion.
- Safety and quality of work are our first priorities.
- We will always go the extra mile to meet or (wherever possible) exceed our customers’ expectations. We have an enthusiastic, “can do” attitude. We act today wherever possible. We communicate early and concisely with our customers.
- We are prepared to make decisions and take responsibility for them. We are not afraid to say what we believe, ask questions when we do not know or seek help when we need it.
- We make sure we understand our customers’ objectives and make determined efforts to overcome barriers. Our people take personal responsibility for our work.